Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful for work. {Day 10}

Jake is home today!! 
{well, he arrived last night}
But today I got to wake up next to him, make his lunch, and kiss him as he left for work this morning.
It feels like forever since we have just lived our usual routine.
{and i totally missed it}

About 2 pm Jake came home and said, "Lets pick up the kids from school and then you all should come to work with me."
{I was so excited}
Going to work with Jake is something that I have always loved.
When Ash and Hal were smaller, we would go with him at least once a week.
{but with school schedules and other commitments it isn't so often anymore}

We always spend most of our time in the car "at work", but just being together is my favorite.


We drove to the opposite corner of Mesa to a flooring place Jake had ordered.
This place was directly across the street from Stonebridge Manor
{where Jake and I had our wedding reception}
I haven't been back since then and is was so fun to walk the kids around it and tell them about that day.
After the reminiscing tour, we went back to our car and played stick swords, climbing, and family, in the grassy areas until Jake had done whatever it is that he did.
I sat and smiled as when Jake came out and growled at all of our babes, as they scattered back into the car.
{man oh man, this is the life}




No comments: