Thursday, November 15, 2012

{24} thankful for talents

Today I had the privilege of spending a few hours at my kids school.
{hallie was in the talent show!}
{twice}
We got there early to get seats that are prime for photo opportunities.
Tate, Macy and I sat in the empty, quiet auditorium waiting for the student body to come in.
Crew's class was the first to arrive.
I watched the darling kindergarteners walk in with "bubbles in their mouths" and "tails behind their backs".
I smiled as I had the chance to spy on him and his class without them seeing me for a second.
His teacher bent down and listened to her students, she played silent games as they waited, she smiled and complimented their behavior.
{i watched Crew eat up her compliments with a giant grin}
I suddenly had a strong feeling that each and every prayer that I had prayed over the past year, for his success in school and to get a great teacher, had all been heard.
My prayers were answered by a loving Heavenly Father.
{and partly possible because of this one woman's talents}

To me the talent show began before the program actually started.

Ashlinn came in after a few minutes and her teacher let her come sit with me.
{I had been worried that she may feel jealous of the attention Hal was getting}
{But she was her most devoted cheerleader}
{that is a talent too}

I got to hold 3 of my kids as the program began.
{mom heaven}

Hallie smiled anxiously over at the side of the auditorium/cafeteria on the table/bench combo .
{was the smile her nervous energy or pure excitement?}

After several other acts, it was Hallie's turn.
She rocked the stage.

Jake said it perfectly when he said, "she is all about game time"

She did tricks she has never tried before... and nailed them.
She enjoyed every second in the spotlight.
{ate.it.up}

My smile rivaled hers.

She is a talented gymnast/dancer, but even more than that, she is a brave, happy girl.
She sees the best in herself and in others.
She chooses to dress and dance modestly.
To be genuinely happy for other peoples success.
{this list could go on and on}




Today was a talent show.
There were skills on stage, but the more importantly, the silent talents that are off stage , some of them rarely noticed.

{and it was awesome!}

No comments: