I woke up to a dark house on a Sunday Morning.
Jake was getting ready for his 6 am meeting.
Macy was whining in Ash and Hals bed.
{since they often all choose to share a twin bed}
I scooped the little babe out of the middle of the girls and carried her into my bed.
I snuggled her up, but she couldn't get comfortable.
I kissed Jake and sent him out the door.
{with a hope to see him home by 4:30 pm}
Since Macy wouldn't fall back to sleep, there was no use in me just laying in bed.
I showered and began getting Sunday stuff done.
As each of the kids woke up, I could tell that this may be an interesting day.
{Nobody was grumpy, but a few were very close}
I did my best to use my infamous sing- song voice as I kissed each head, made breakfast and read scriptures.
I encouraged with all of my patience for them to get dressed for church... and tidy their room.
...but it wasn't happening.
{and I don't mean the room tidy}
{in the 1 hour and 30 minutes allotted}
What is a mom to do?
Is the natural consequence really to let them go to church in their underwear?
I finally got stern enough for them to quickly put on clothes and then hustle out the door.
Before the sacrament meeting started Macy began whining.
{the same whine as this morning at 5:45}
I knew she must be tired.
But she wasn't giving up.
The whine continued.
{and I continued to test my wavering patience}
Hallie reminded me during the sacrament that she had a talk today in primary.
{ohhhhkay}
Luckily she is a bright and easy going little thing and wrote her talk sitting on the pew.
{with only a few whispered helps from me}
Macy fell asleep during the last 10 minutes.
{the perfect amount of time for her to fall asleep, just enough, to wake up more irritable than she started}
finally, the last song was sung and it was time for primary and nursery for macy and I.
I am a nursery worker during the 2nd hour of church.
It is usually the worlds best calling.
Snacks, snuggles, and toys.
{nothing better}
Today, since its a holiday and the end of the year, there were about 19 kids in there.
{And it seemed like 87}
Since it was a little more "active" in there today, I stayed for the last hour to help out.
I was greeted by each of my primary children as they were excused from their classes at the end of church.
I noticed that my 2 male offspring had an abundant amount of energy, as I reminded them repeatedly, "we don't wrestle at church."
{14ish times}
I hurried them home, made some popcorn and hoped that the day would get easier.
{and somehow my patience would recharge for the remaining 6 hours of the day}
After the home teachers arrived, Jake came home.
{insert angels singing}
My man was the extra body to help listen to the stories, watch gymnastic tricks, ogle over newly drawn photos, curb the tattling, and give me an easy dinner idea.
{but he even did better than that}
He measured each child and then showed them which rides at disneyland they will be tall enough to ride.
{on his iPad}
{talk about attention getter}
Jakes skills combined with the quiet of a trek meeting that night, I was able to end the day counting my blessings.
{and I am thankful that tomorrow is a new day}




No comments:
Post a Comment