Growing up we always watched the Macy's day parade and "The Miracle on 34th Street" while we peeled potatoes on Thanksgiving morning.
I always loved that.
Jake and I have thought about what kind of Thanksgiving tradition we can start for our family.
{besides the usual feast, counting blessings, and time with family}
Well, we decided to do something active and out of the house.
Jake took the boys to the park for some "Turkey "football" Bowl" fun.
And the girls and I went on the first ever Willis girl turkey trot fun run..
I mapped out a run/walk course that was 3.5 miles.
{that would take us by familiar neighborhood landmarks}
{and the boys turkey bowl}
Macy rode most of the way in the stroller.
{but I released her for the last mile}
I was so impressed with the limited complaints and their ability to push themselves.
We passed the park to see these fellas.
{and watch Jake catch and amazing pass}
{and I screamed for him... and embarrassed him}
{that's a wife's job}
We all arrived home in time to watch the Macy's day parade, prepare food, and enjoy a very blessed day of food and family.
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment