You know that feeling when you are cleaning stuff out and you get to just throw loads of stuff in the trash can?
It is so freeing to get that unneeded junk out of the house!!
Ahhh. Success.
{and then my daughters got home from school}
Lets start 20 years ago though....You see, my mom always called me a packrat.
I always saw weird, useless objects as something that could be amazing!
I would spend hours and tons of effort making that piece of garbage into a fancier piece of garbage.
{That I would refuse to throw away}
{I think a more effective term would now be "hoarder"}
{back to 2012}
Ashlinn and Hallie finished their homework and were in search of a craft.
I knew they would think of something creative, so I let their little genius brains go to work.
A few minutes later I heard the recycle can lid slam.
{And into the house walked 2 very proud girlies}
Holding several boxes. papers, and an old folder.
{most of which had made their way to the can only hours before}
At first I tried to usher the trash back outside, but then I remembered my packrat days.
{and I couldn't, with a good conscience, deny them those experiences}
So they created and created and created.
They made so many things I wasn't able to catch them all, but here are a few contenders...
{the "no boys allowed" and "no girls allowed" signs that now hang on bedroom doors.
A dog house for Sparkles {aka little mini sparkles} and Frenchy.
{there are built in cardboard recliners for the puppies and barbies}
An entire binder full of plays, games, and "jokes".
Hours of fun.
{and I may need to do an entire de-junk again in about a week}
{I will make sure to do it ON recycle day this time}
I love my dumpster diving girlies!
After a full afternoon and evening of crafting {and clean up}, I kissed my little ones goodnight and left my understanding man in charge of the fort.
{and I went out on the town}
Ok, I actually drove to a restaurant in Mesa and met with some of my besties.
I don't know if we actually counted how long, but it has been years since we were all together.
{so we jumped on the chance to get together}
We ate and laughed and laughed.
{and laughed}
Hours flew and I think none of us wanted to go home, but our old lady bedtimes were already past.
We have so many memories together that nobody else would understand.
They know my best, worst, and horribly embarrassing times.
{and they love me anyway}
Now those are friends!
I love their honesty and the way we truly can laugh at ourselves.
Man I love these girls.
I can only hope my girls find friends as fantastic as they are!
Today I am grateful for being able to have the patience to let my girls destroy the house all in the name of creativity and for the blessing os having besties for life!



No comments:
Post a Comment