Saturday, November 17, 2012

26 {gratitude countdown}

Today started out like no other Saturday I can remember.
{we slept until 7:30}
It was glorious to wake up to sunshine and hear neighbor kids already playing...while somehow our kids were still sleeping!
{truly a Willis miracle}
{I think the extra sleep was a tender mercy just for Jake}

I took a few our kiddos and went and picked up a huge box of apples shipped from Utah.
{so sweet and crunchy}

Jake took the remaining kiddos to Lowes and Home Depot
{since there is rarely a day he doesn't go to one of them}

We met back up and got ready in our fancy clothes for a day date.
Since my birthday is next week... and it is already Thanksgiving and school programs, etc... we decided to celebrate early.

We went to Brio where I ordered what I do every, single time.
{wedge salad and some calamari with extra peppercinis}
{because why mess with anything else?}

After lunch we went to buy new garments.
{a birthday gift in itself}
And then walked to the temple.

On our way in, I saw 2 of the YW I used to teach when Jake and I were first married.
Brittany is married with 2 kids and Kenzlee is married and expecting her first baby in a few weeks.
We shot the breeze for a second.
I noticed there was a group of people with them, including Kenzlee's mom.
I asked about the occasion and learned that she and her husband, who just celebrated their 1st anniversary, were sealed only a few minutes before.
I wanted to cheer for them and their choice... but I had to use my temple voice.
I know it wan't a coincidence that we were able to run into each other.

{that was one of my many tender mercies from the Lord that day}

Jake and I completed the temple work, went shopping  {at Ross} and drove home in time for him to help move some of our friends.
... and for me to "make" {aka microwave} leftovers for dinner.

I am grateful for those daily tender mercies.






No comments: