Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thanks. Day 12

For Mothers Day this last year, we gave our mom a ticket to go to Time Out for Women.
She had never been before and we figured she needed a weekend away.
{something she would never usually do}
Luckily she got it months in advance and could mentally prepare to leave for a night and a day.
All of my "in town" sisters also were able to free up their weekend to join the CARAZY fun.
{Meggan left a screaming, nursing baby with her man, Lisa found respite care for her foster sons, Natalie and Missy came while their hubbys we're already out of town, My mom left a barfing little boy at home too.}

Luckily we all entertain each other so much that before we even got to Phoenix, we were cramping from laughing.
{Sacrifices hopefully well spent}

As you can imagine, once the performers and speakers began, we knew we were in the right place.
The best way I can describe TOFW is that it is like EFY for grown women.
You feel the spirit so strongly, feel renewed and ready to be better, and there are times that you are so silly it makes you want to be 13 all over again.
{without the awkward hideous phase}

We walked what felt like "all over downtown" in search of somewhere we wanted to eat and then scarfed our food quickly in time to get back before it started again.
{and mildly choking as we giggled}
{since we completely forgot to get any water}

We chuckled over the text messages and calls from home.
{about the misbehavior and/or hilariousness of our children}
{since we left 32 children at home between the 6 of us}
We knew we were missed, but that everyone would live through the day without us.

I love my mom and sisters so much.
I feel like they "get" me.
They love me.
And they make me laugh like no other.



{like the time we talked my mom into being the top of our pyramid and doing jazz hands, wearing Nats hair extension as a mustache, after stealing a flag, and posing for a picture}

Oh man.
{memories}

After all of the fun we could handle, we drove home, said our goodbyes and said our welcome "hellos" to our families.


I pulled up to my house and knew there were festivities in the backyard.
{I heard lots and lots of giggles}
There was Jake fully enjoying his time.
{the only 2 texts I got from him this weekend were, "I make this look easy" and "please don't worry about us and have a great time!"}
I love the way he enjoys being a dad.
{and truly has it all under control}

I do feel grateful.
{everyday}

No comments: