Sunday, November 4, 2012

grateful for the little things. {day 13}


Last night I was so ready for bed.
After a Late night and an early morning for TOFW, I was TIRED.
I fell asleep on the couch around 10 and finally woke up enough to jump into the shower, wash my face and throw my hair into a messy, half wet bun.
I then threw on the minimum amount of clothes I needed for sleep and fell into bed.
I slept for only a few minutes until Macy started screaming.
A very hurt, sad scream.
I ran to her room and hugged a feverish, sad baby.
She told me, in between sobs, how owie her ear was and I noticed goo dripping out of it.
{oh dear}
I gave her some tylenol, since we were out of motrin, and rubbed her back, hoping to help her fall asleep.
This was not happening.
We frequent the late night urgent care, so I put on another layer of minimum clothing, some flip flops, woke up Jake and told him I was heading to urgent care, and buckled my babe into her carseat.
She cried as we drove in the darkness.
It wasn't until a mile away from our house, I remembered the quick face wash and half wet bun.
After a quick glance in my mirror I realized I was puffy eyed, make up free, with homeless hair.
Awesome.
I knew it didn't matter, but suddenly I was a bit self conscious. 
Then a light came on.
Since TOFW had been earlier that day, I still had 2 make up items and a comb in my purse.
{serious tender mercy}
{I never carry things like that in my purse}
As I drove I put on a coat of mascara, concealed the large zit, and combed my ponytail into a less homeless one.
As we pulled up to the Urgent Care, it was already closed for the night.
{bummer!}
As I used my amazing phone to try and search for an even later night urgent care, I realized it wasn't gonna happen.
{not tonight anyway}
Macy and I drove to the 24 hour Walgreens and bought Motrin.
{the magic pain reliever}
She had tear stains all over her face and looked so pitiful.
Luckily within a few minutes after her dose she fell sound asleep.
{and so did I}

After what seemed like a brief nap, it was morning.
Jake and I laid out a plan before he left to his church meetings.
He would go to the first meeting and then be home a little before 8 am to watch the young ones, so I could get to urgent care right as it opens with Macy.
This time I got myself and Macy ready to go before we head out.
I kissed Jake and the kids and drove away.
we got right into a room at urgent care.
Her fever was back, even with Motrin.
Her ear was still draining and sensitive to the touch.
After the dr looked inside, he noticed a lot of goop in her ear.
{surrounded by infection}
He broke the news that they would need to scrape her ear canal to clean it out.
I grimaced as I thought about it.
Macy shreiked and clawed as they dug into her painful ear.
{but the goo that came out was impressive}
Luckily they gave her an otter pop, 2 stickers, and a prescription for her bravery.


Ashlinn and Hallie made her a paper phone to take with her, so they could "text" her.
{the same text came over and over :)}




I am so thankful for modern medicine, a husband who will drop his other responsibilities to be with his family, and a brave little girl that will forgive me for holding her down while the dr. did his work.



No comments: