Between last Saturday and this next Sunday, my calendar is jam packed.
I am exhausted just thinking about it.
I woke up on this gorgeous Veterans Day with a basic plan in my head of what I must get done today in order for the remainder of the week to function somewhat normally .
{most of it included cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping}
My house is typically a disaster Monday morning.
{somehow the weekend is really rough on my house}
{today was no exception}
...but today add the forts in the family room that my children slept in.
I knew I had my work cut out for me
{and hopefully a handful of happy helpers would join in}
After a brief laundry fold and basic stuff pick up, Jake called and invited us to go to work with him.
{Thats something we don't pass up}
I showered and got dressed as fast as possible
{like 10 minutes}
And loaded my sweets into the car.
We drove around the valley with my man and even stopped for a Wendy's lunch break.
During one of our stops, Jake went inside to visit with a homeowner and I took the wiggly kids to the greenbelt next to the house to run.
They played and climbed on every surface.
A few landscapers came by and sat down and watched the crazy antics.
They continuously whistled at me and made cat calls.
{I ignored them}
{and refused to look in their direction}
When Jake came out, we loaded into the car for some more family time.
As we began driving away, I told Jake about the whistles, stares, and possible air kisses.
{with a hint of laughter}
My hubby slammed on the brakes, looked at me with full seriousness, and asked,
"would you like me to go defend your honor?"
I about died laughing so hard.
Defend my honor?
Really?
Luckily, I talked him out of any defending and we drove back home in just enough time for me to get ready, pick up a babysitter, and head to another wedding with my man.
We sat at the wedding... and cocktail hour... and dinner...
{which seemed like it lasted for.ev.er.}
It was already past our kids bed time as we pulled up to the house.
Somehow my house was not any cleaner than it was earlier in the morning.
{it may have even gotten dirtier}
We sent the kids off to bed to be rested for school and I surveyed the damage that remained untouched all day.
{and it wasn't good}
I nearly cried tears as I realized that my bed still had piles of folded laundry on it.
We couldn't even go to sleep and act like this wasn't happening.
Luckily when I get frustrated, I can clean very quickly... and efficiently.
Jake chuckled as I sped through the house like a girl on a mission.
{because I was}
When I finally came to a point where I could allow myself to stop, I sat down and recapped the day in my head.
All of the cleaning that I had planned today could be done another day.
{and I will have thousands of days to do that}
{Spending a day with my out-of-school kids and honey would not wait for another day}
I had actually made the wiser choice today.
{and for that I am grateful}
No comments:
Post a Comment