Monday, August 22, 2011

day 21. sweet thangs.

I don't know when it happened.
{but I realized I was super blessed}
for instance...
I am healthy mind and body.
I have a great hubby.
My honey bunz has a job and is willing to work hard everyday.
I have 5 amazing kiddos, who are smart, happy, and healthy.
We have a home.
{a beautiful home}
We have food, clothes, and everything we need.
{and lots of what we want}
I have the gospel, a testimony, scriptures, and the priesthood.
I have family, friends, and neighbors that have my back whenever I need.

I have seen so many people struggling to find peace and struggle for the basic necessities in my own neighborhood and ward.
{but I didn't know how to help}
I have 3 little kids at home during the day, so many things aren't feesible.
But when much is given, much is required,
So, I decided to pray on my knees everyday that I would have opportunities to help.
{and I would have the courage to do it}

I can't remember how long ago I began praying for chances to serve.
{but within the last 3 weeks chances have come with great abundance}

Sometimes it's a phone call to or from someone who needs to talk, making dinner or treats for someone who needs a lift, subbing in primary classes, or driving an extra carpool, but mostly its babysitting.
{sometimes for kidsand parents i hardly know}
{all of these are things I can do with my kids in tow}
{isn't that thoughtful of Heavenly Father?}

I feel happier than ever before.
My kiddos are happier too.
My life is good.
My perspective about people is different.
Heavenly Father is amazing.
He answers prayers.
He loves his children.

I hope He can continue to trust me to be willing when people need help.

I love the feeling of knowing that I am not in charge.



1 comment:

Cicily said...

I've been the recipient of your babysitting. You are so generous with your time, thank you.