Today was hard.
More particularly, being a mom today was hard.
Nothing horrible happened.
It just seemed to be all sorts of shenanigans...all day.
{my patience was tested}
and I lost.
I lost my temper a few times.
{i am not happy with myself about that}
{ it was the kind of day where I put the kids in bed and took a huge sigh of relief that today was over}
So, because this is titled "sweet thangs"
{not to be confused with "things"}
I will make a "T graph" of the good and bad of today.
Well, I can't figure out the logistics of making a "T graph", so you will have to settle for a list.
{five on each side}
that way I keep things fair.
:)
Bad...
- Tate and Macy screaming through dinner for no particular reason
- ash crying for most of homework and music practice time.
- Crew throwing/hiding train tracks all over the house...repeatedly
- not getting the chance to run any errands i planned
{which equals minimal food supply since i never hit the grocery store}
and last
- Fighting, pushing, and tatteling x 1000
{don't lose hope i am still an optimist}
Good...
- getting the new garage cabinets installed
- jake coming to eat lunch at home
- a friend surprising me by picking up my girls from school for me
- vacuuming and mopping all floors
-building train tracks, reading books, and snuggling each child.
- finishing the day holding my big girls and watching wipe-out.
Even though some days make me wanna rock in the corner, while sucking my thumb,
{not really, don't worry mom}
I wouldn't change my job for any other in the world.
{ i am blessed}
I think I was sopposed to be reminded today that i am not super woman.
I am allowed to fail.
{and start fresh again tomorrow}
trying hard to be better.
1 comment:
Ha! I'm not happy you had a bad day... but maybe just a little bit. :) I was starting to think I would have to stop reading your blog so I wouldn't be so depressed at my none-super mom life. Cuz your day today sounds like most of my days lately... and I only have TWO! Collin has hit the terrible two's in a bad way. (is there a good way?) I can't handle the constant whining... coupled with the public tantrums. Anyhoo! I also loved your Have Mercy post on laundry! Ha! That Uncle Jesse knew a thing of two. I also started massive laundry on Monday and it looks like I might finally finish today. Camping over the weekend did me in on the laundry front. I fully support naked week :) Also, major props on praying how to help other people. I'm pretty sure if I had 5 little ones, I'd be using that as my excuse to not babysit any others for 10 years min. You are pretty dang amazing.
Post a Comment