Tate went to preschool.
Crew, Macy and I went to speech therapy.
{then the 3 of us went to Target}
On the way to target, I had a cd on.
It is generally "sunday music" , but after the day I had yesterday, I needed some uplifting.
When the song, "Praise to the Man" came on, Crew started singing and screaming.
"I know this song! I love this song! It's my favorite!!!!"
We turned it up.
{i have no shame bumpin' church music}
and sang at the top of our lungs.
We got to Target and went inside.
Crew decided to ride on the bottom of the cart...on his stomach.
{and use his hands to "swim" our cart through the store}
{i did not choose this battle. He won without a fight}
{the music inspiration had done its job}
During a really fast "swim" down the aisle, his hand got a little overjoyed and moved in front of the cart wheel.
{and we ran his pointer over}
His finger turned purple, began bleeding, the skin flapping off, and the nail dangling for dear life.
{it was grody}
So I saunter to customer service and request a bandaid.
{trying to remain calm, so crew doesn't scream any louder}
{if that was possible}
The clerk takes one look at his grusome finger and freaks.
I remain cool and collected.
{i get "buisness mode" from my mom}
Clerk stares at me.
{long pause}
{and then retreats to get a bandage}
{Crew is now screaming bloody murder}
{as would I, if my finger looked like that}
band-aid arrives.
We walk away from customer service
{and clerk}
I lean to my boy and say, "what can I do to help you feel better buddy?"
"I need my song. #4. My favorite"
He was talking about "Praise to the Man"
I walked my kiddos to the car, turned on the radio
{which was turned up LOUD}
and Crew stopped crying.
{for the remainder of the day}
He felt the peace and power of that song.
His little spirit knows it is true.
Tender mercy.
{not a small one either}
No comments:
Post a Comment