Tuesday, August 30, 2011

day 28. super sweet. thangs.

Once upon a time...
{in 2003}
I borrowed my moms sewing machine for the weekend.
{and I decided to sew myself a skirt}
I had no experience sewing a skirt.
{although i make a mean scrunchie}
I added a zipper to the skirt.
{and put it on}
It pulled funny, but I was stinking proud of myself
{and wore it to church}
{all 3 hours}
After church, I was walking into my room to change, when my assertive hubby said,
 "you know you have a hole in the back of your skirt, right?"
{"no!"}
"Oh, it was there when you put it on this morning, but I thought you knew, and I didn't want to burst your bubble."
{the hole was right over my bum crack}
{classy}

I vowed not to sew any more skirts.
{ever}

Until 2011...
{my friend Stephanie sewed herself a dress/skirt}
without a pattern.
{and it was stinking cute, so I figured I'd give it a shot too.}



{this is what you get when a 7 year old takes your picture}

{me likey}
{and all seems were sewn hole free}
{i am making my girls some next}

{and this picture was too cute not to add}
{period}

No comments: