A few years ago I got a visiting teaching assignment to visit a young mom who had just given birth.
{and was new in the ward}
I had never talked to her
{or even heard her name}
but I knew we would become friends from the first time I met her.
She was sweet, kind, and could laugh at herself.
{one of my personal favorite qualities about people}
We quickly grew a friendship that I adored.
{fast forward nearly 3.5 years}
As I lay down to go to bed Thursday night, I realized that I had no plans on Friday.
{this is a rare occurence to have NOTHING}
So I prayed for some of my friends that are having life struggles, and asked the Lord to open my mind to know how I could help.
{and I went to sleep}
Usually when my alarm goes off, I have no clear thoughts.
Just mumbled random things floating around.
{Not Friday.}
My mind was clear.
And I specifically heard myself think "call your friend and ask to babysit today."
The same friend I had been asigned as a VT several years before.
{I knew that thought was much too clear to be mine}
I also knew she didn't want to hear my text at 4:30, so I waited until a decent hour and sent the text.
She responded that she needed her kiddos to go play today while she packed boxes to move.
She brought over her darlings and I totally enjoyed snuggling them up.
A few hours later, she came to pick them up.
I could see the stress on her face.
{even when she was trying hard to hide it}
I got to hug my friend and tell her I love her.
and that she is never alone.
{and really mean it}
Today on day 5, I am grateful for the Holy Ghost that helps me be more aware.
and I am so thankful for friends.
{I am so blessed}
No comments:
Post a Comment