Within the past 2 weeks I have gotten into 2 minor collisions.
{both inside my garage}
When pulling into my garage, I was manuvering around a trailer and a rhino.
{that i now share the garage with}
And...
I hit the garage cabinet.
{barely}
It must have been the "sweet spot" on the cabinet because they snapped in half and the contents of the cabinets
{sleeping bags, chairs, etc.}
came spilling out onto the garage floor.
Last Sunday, when pulling the rhino into its parking spot
{for which there is no wiggle room}
It started to stall, so I pulled the choke.
It lurched forward and Slammed into the drywall in the gargage.
Leaving a gaping hole.
So, as we pulled the rhino in from church today and I parked it without incident,
Ash and Hal said, "good job mom! You didn't even hit anything!!"
After giggling, I told them they were overeacting.
I have only hit it once.
{and there have been countless successful parking events}
After a change of clothes, we head over to my parents.
{'cuz its mikeys birthday}
he is 21. for reals.
We stayed and talked and laughed.
I round up the reluctant rugrats to head home.
After loading them in the car, I try to convince Tate to buckle his seatbelt as I back out of the driveway.
Just then...
{we crash into their camp trailer that was temporarily parked in the driveway}
I look back to see the trailer rolling away...quickly.
Ash yells, "MOM, ITS GETTING AWAY!"
I throw my car into Park, unlock the doors and jump out to stop the trailer.
{there is an irrigation ditch accross the street...this could get bad}
Luckily the gravel drive stopped the trailer before I got to it.
I look at the damage on the trailer.
An entire corner is in pieces.
{crap}
So, I take the walk of shame inside to tell my mom what I have done.
Luckily, she is married to my dad.
{and has had alot of practice reacting well to collisions}
She calmly says, "no big deal"
{and walks out with me to survey the damage}
I am crying, because I feel so bad!
Once she sees the corner
Once she sees the corner
{on the floor}
She chuckles and tells me it was left in the drive way for repair
{because my dad had damaged both corners on their last camping trip}
I felt a litle less bad, but why did I have to be the one to shatter it?
Then it occured to me that my car might have damage.
{my previous 2 incidents left no evidence on my burb or rhino}
{this time I wasn't so lucky}
There are some scratches and a mini dent.
I was still crying when I got home and told Jake.
He just shook his head and chuckled.
{apparently he is getting the same practice my mom has had}
So, on day 7,my simple pleasure is being given teh "opportunity" to learne from my mistakes and having a mom and honey who realize I am not perfect and that stuff is just stuff.
I learned that...
1. When you send your husband a text message in the middle of the workday that reads
"there was a collision, we are all fine, but there was a casualty"
{in reference to garage cabinets}
He will leave an important meeting without explanation and try to get to us.
{woops}
2.Texting him when he is still in a church meeting {and feeling the spirit} that you have slammed his rhino into the garage drywall, he doesn't get mad, only concerned for the rhinos well being.
3. I hope chevy might make a sharpie marker in "charcoal" that I can color in the scratches on my burb.
4. I have darling children that are learning to laugh at my mistakes.
5. And of course, always watch what I am doing while driving.
I am not perfect. Today was a "great opportunity" to be reminded of that.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment