Wednesday, August 3, 2011

sweet thangs {#3}

Last night I had fallen asleep realizing that even if I fell right to sleep
{and stayed asleep for every minute}
I would barely get 6 hours of sleep.
{my minimum functional amount}

I curled up in my covers
{and passed out}
Until i felt a tapping
{on my forehead}
"Mom, can I snuggle you in your bed?"
It was Hal.
She had a bad dream.
{and my pillow was the best place to chase away ghosts}
I shared my spot with the snuggliest 6 year old I know.
After a while I carried her heavy, sleeping body to her bed.
{and resumed my pillow between the knees comfortable position}
{and passed out}
Until I FELT someone staring at me.
"Hi, Crew. What do you need buddy?"
{Crew is the only one that I wake up to feeling his stare}
"I need to go potty. Poop mom."
SO I usher the little man to my bathroom while he does his buisness.
{with all the lights on}
Kiss his head and wish him sweet dreams.
{me back to my pillow}
{and I passed out}
Until I FELT crew staring again.
"Hi son. Are you okay?"
Apparently a ghost had flown through his room.
{no more scooby doo}
And as previously discovered that night, my pillow is still the best place to scare away ghosts.
So, I scoot over and let little man snuggle.
{until he began sweating profusely}
{he IS a little man}
So, I made him a bed on the floor next to mine.
{where he comfortably slept}
I again took full ownership of my pillow
{and passed out}
Until my alarm began beeping at 4:27
{because 4:28 is way too late :)}
I smiled as I stepped over the snoring
{and sweating}
little boy on the floor.
I chuckled as I looked in the mirror at my tumultuous hair and puffy eyes.
{exactly what an all night ghost chaser should look like}
It hit me that these darlings are growing way too fast.
{and these are the times of my life}

{btw I think 5 hours may be my new minimum}

No comments: